Wednesday, March 23, 2011

2 Months



I cannot believe that 2 months has passed already!!!  Henry is SUCH A GOOD BABY!  Anytime he cries or gets upset (which is usually only when he gets woken up from a nap and can't convince himself to go back to sleep) Mark and I both say "it's just not like him".

So Baby Henry...what are you up to these days?

Today at the Dr. you weighed 11.6 lbs. and measured 24.5 inches.

You sleep for 8 hours at night now!!!  You started doing that around 7 weeks old.  I really credit your great schedule to the book Babywise.  The fact that you are so predictable makes for a happy mama and happy baby!

You nurse 6 times a day usually every 3 hours.  You take a bottle well when you are with your Dad, BeBe, or Stacy.

You smile ALL the time.  You have recently started smiling when we wake you up and that just melts my heart.



You love to kick when you are laying on your back.  Dad and I call it "riding your unicycle".  You kick the most on your changing table.

You still go to the office with me every day.  Sometimes you stay with your Dad in the morning when I have early patients and when I have later patients you will go home early with Dad or go home with BeBe.  I would've have never thought I could be away from you (even for a few hours) a couple of weeks ago, but you are so good that I don't worry about you with your other people.


You usually take 2 baths a week.  You are not in love with them, but you don't mind them either.

You are "talking" a lot.  You have used a few consonants here and there already.  Bless your heart growing up with a mom who is a speech pathologist.

You still take a pacy when you are going to sleep.  I am going to try to wean you from that in the next 1-2 months.

You started getting heat rash for a few days and I figured out that you were too hot so nowadays you can  usually be found in a short sleeve onsie and maybe some socks.

You are still sleeping (swaddled) in the bassinet beside our bed.  I know I will have to move you to your crib at some point, but I am not sure I will be ready.  There is something about having you right beside me that gives me some peace.  Plus it is my favorite time of the day to be in the same room with all the people I love the most...you, your Dad, and Zeke.

You are wearing 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.

You love to be held upright on people's chests.  You have pretty good head control so you will look around or snuggle under our necks.  I hope I never forget what it feels like to have my cheek on your head.  I probably kiss your head 100 times a day.

I am honestly not sure what I did to deserve a blessing like you in my life.  I could never put into words the love I have for you in my heart.  Everyday I love you more which I wouldn't have thought possible the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment